01 | About
Neil Ever Osborne is a Canadian photographer.
His documentary projects bear witness to the complex relationship between people and the planet.
More specifically, his visual storytelling examines the prevailing environmental issues that narrate our times in a changing—and warming—world.
In this pursuit, he focuses his lens on humanity’s enduring spirit and nature’s resiliency.
Osborne is an Explorer with the National Geographic Society and a Contributing Photographer with Smithsonian Magazine. He also holds appointments as a Fellow with the International League of Conservation Photographers, The Explorer’s Club, and the Royal Canadian Geographical Society.
02 | Featured Works
• 2023 | Coming Soon | Darien Gap, Panama | Smithsonian Magazine
• 2022 | Gitga’at First Nation | Great Bear Rainforest, Canada | National Geographic Society
• 2021 | Offshore Wind Energy | Eastern Seaboard, USA | Smithsonian Magazine [Cover Feature]
• 2020 | Polar Bears & Sea Ice | Churchill, Canada | Smithsonian Magazine [Cover Feature]
• 2019 | Rain Wolves | Great Bear Rainforest, Canada | National Geographic Society
• 2019 | Spirit Bears | Great Bear Rainforest, Canada | National Geographic Society
• 2019 | Park Rangers & Gorillas | Uganda, Rwanda, & DRC, Africa | Smithsonian Magazine
• 2018 | Anti-poaching | Zambia, Africa | WWF Magazine
03 | Designations
• Explorer, National Geographic Society
• Contributing Photographer, Smithsonian Magazine
• Fellow, International League of Conservation Photographers
• Fellow, The Explorer’s Club
• Fellow, Royal Canadian Geographical Society
04 | Past Designations
• Assistant, Frans Lanting, National Geographic Magazine
• Assistant, Paul Nicklen, National Geographic Magazine
• Assistant, Cristina Mittermeier, National Geographic Magazine
• Inaugural Photographer-in-Residence, Canadian Geographic Magazine
• Inaugural Climate Change & Sustainability Editor, The Weather Network
• Inaugural Conservation Photography Editor, Canadian Wildlife Magazine
• Alumni, The Eddie Adams Workshop
• Alumni, MediaStorm Workshop
• Ambassador, Nikon Canada
• Ph.D. in Environmental Studies, Faculty of Environmental & Urban Change, York University
• M.A. in Visual Communication, School of Visual Communication, Ohio University
• B.Sc. in Biology (Specialization in Conservation), School of the Environment, Trent University
05 | Bear Witness: Subarctic Documentary Film
06 | I Am 360º Film
07 | Featured Editorial Partners
08 | Featured ENGO Partners
09 | Featured Indigenous Partners
10 | The Shot That Got Away Short Film
11 | Additional Note